Mt. Pleasant’s economy has remained steady and prosperous by creating new employment opportunities, facilitating both domestic and international business growth.
Whether an entrepreneur, small business owner, or CEO of an international corporation, the City's Economic Development team will help you find the right location, answer zoning questions, review building plans, and identify applicable grants and funding programs.
We cultivate a strong business environment by:
As home to Central Michigan University, Mid-Michigan College and two of the region’s most heralded health and hospital centers, we offer a vital and energetic lifestyle with amenities not often found in a community retaining a true “hometown” feel. Surrounded by lakes, rivers, forests, and healthy farmland, Mt. Pleasant offers its residents, businesses, and visitors a vibrant place to call home.
- Providing a variety of locations to fit your business needs – in our historic downtown, commercial corridors or industrial parks.
- Making significant investments in infrastructure, while remaining one of the more fiscally strong cities of its size in the State of Michigan.
- Offering a variety of local, regional and state programs and incentives to assist with new and expanding business opportunities.
- Redevelopment Readiness Certified Community
- Adoption of Michigan’s first city-wide form-based zoning code in 2017.
- Recognition over multiple consecutive years for our success and effort in contributing to Michigan’s entrepreneurial growth and economic development in the annual eCities study, conducted by iLabs researchers at University of Michigan-Dearborn’s Center for Innovation Research.
- Maintaining a Aa3 General Obligation Bond rating through two leading financial rating agencies: Standard & Poors and Moodys.
- Administration of the Mt. Pleasant Municipal Airport, categorized as a General Utility Airport with two available runways.
More information about Central Michigan and Mt. Pleasant can be found here.