For 50 years, the Mt. Pleasant Farmers’ Market has offered fresh in-season fruits and vegetables, and an opportunity to gather as a community while supporting area farmers and healthy living habits. Offering fresh produce, organic plants and cooking demonstrations, the Mt. Pleasant Farmers' Market provides an unforgettable experience for customers of all ages.
About the Market
The Mt. Pleasant Farmers' Market is a vibrant marketplace:
- connecting residents and visitors with local farmers, food producers and artisans
- increasing access to fresh, affordable, local and healthy food choices
- inspiring healthy lifestyles
- strengthening our local economy
- providing a festive gathering place
- enriching lives and building community
Food AssistanceThe Mt. Pleasant Farmers’ Market strives to make healthy, locally grown food an affordable option for all incomes. Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) recipients can now use their Michigan Bridge Card at the Mt. Pleasant Farmers’ Market. The market also accepts Double Up Food Bucks, WIC Project FRESH, and Senior Project FRESH/Market FRESH coupons.
WIC Food Guide
Food Insecurity in Graduate School: Resources and Support
Through this program, health care providers can prescribe FREE fruits and vegetables to their patients. Participants receive six free nutrition education classes. Transportation is provided to those who need it, and the cost of lab work not covered by insurance is provided by the program.
Prescription for Health
SHOPPERS - Would you like FREE fruits and vegetables from the farmers market?
Click here to print a letter to take to your doctors office. They will be able to tell you if they participate in the program and if you are eligible.
DOCTORS - Would you like to prescribe FREE fruits and vegetables to your patients to improve their health?
Please contact Ashley Brenner at MyMichigan Health for information on how to be a participating provider in the Prescription for Health Program.
Phone: (989) 466-3661
2023 Vendor Information
- Vendor Welcome
- Market Guidelines
- Vendor Application
- Vendor Product Declarations
- Vendor Metrics
- Food Assistance and Credit/Debit Vendor Agreements
- Check Reimbursement Schedule & Vendor Record Sheet
- Community Organization Application
- Busker Application