Downtown Mt. Pleasant has more than 2,000 FREE convenient parking spaces.
Downtown Parking Map
Please review this information and contact the Downtown Development office with any questions or comments by telephone at 989-779-5348 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Throughout the downtown you will find designated ADA spaces in parking lots and on-street for use by anyone with a valid ADA placard. Locations of on-street ADA spaces:
- NW corner of Broadway and University
- NE corner of Main and Illinois
I-Ride Public Transportation
I-Ride provides curb-to-curb bus service throughout Isabella County. Visit www.ictcbus.com or call (989) 773-2913 for more details. Downtown Mt. Pleasant also has a dedicated I-Ride bus shelter at the SW corner of Broadway and Main for convenient pick-up and drop-off.
Cyclists will find bike racks and public bike repair stations throughout downtown.
Bike repair station locations:
- Town Center, located 101 North Main
- Island Park, located at 331 North Main Street at the bottom of the entrance bridge
- Nelson Park, located at 714 West Broadway
Electric Car-Charging Station
A ChargePoint charging station is located in parking lot #2 (Jockey Alley), on Mosher Street between Main and Court Street.
Enforcement and Ticketing
Any vehicle not parked in a designated overnight parking lot without properly displaying a current permit will be subject to ticketing and/or towing.
Tickets can be paid by placing payment in the drop box situated in the parking lot of City Hall, located at 320 West Broadway. Additionally, tickets can be paid online (see link below) or in-person at City Hall on the 2nd floor, 320 West Broadway.
- To pay your parking ticket online, please visit here.
- To appeal you parking ticket, please visit here.
Guest Parking Permits
Guests should follow the parking rules as detailed below under the section “Overnight Parking.”
After completing the application, a confirmation email will be sent to you. Your guest parking permit and map will be mailed to you the following business day. Should you need the guest permit faster, please call (989)779-5348, so arrangements can be made.
Guest permit applications: *Guest permits must be placed in the front window or hanging from the rear view mirror.
Downtown offers eight overnight parking lots. Parking lots 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 10, 12 & 13 are designated for overnight parking.
- Overnight permits are $25 for six months and expire on June 30 and December 31 of each year.
- Permits can be purchased at City Hall (320 West Broadway) or online at www.mt-pleasant.org/downtownparking.
- Overnight street parking is allowed throughout the City of Mt. Pleasant year-round, except for the downtown area as indicated in red on the map found under the button “downtown parking map.”
- Downtown street parking is prohibited from 4 – 6 a.m. year-round.
- When a snow emergency is declared, all cars must be removed from the street.
Overnight Permit Purchases
Downtown Parking Map
*Please note your permit must be placed in the back window, clearly visible to the parking enforcement officer.
Should you have any questions, please call (989) 779-5348 or email email@example.com for assistance.