Island Park is a 50-acre park located at the north end of town behind City Hall and on Main Street.
Island Park includes a long list of activities and facilities available to the public including:
Hours of Operation: Dawn to Dusk, not outside the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.
A special thanks to the following for their contributions to the skate park project:
- The Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe
- The Mt. Pleasant Community Foundation
- R.J. (Bud) Fisher, Jr. in memory of his sister Mary Ellen Shepard
- Donations Made in the memory of Larry Fletcher
For the safety of all the Skate Park visitors, please take a moment to read the important information below.
The Spray Park is designed for youth ages 12 and younger. The spray park works through an offsite computer control system. This sets the hours of operation. During the hours of operation when the water is available, park users will press an activator to start the flow of water. After approximately 4 - 5 minutes the cycle completes and the water stops. Park users continue to re-activate the system for endless fun. Here are some Fun Facts about the Spray Park:
- Total Square Footage: 2,095
- # of Water Features: 12
- # of Water Activated Sprayers & Nozzles: 100
- # of Activation Buttons: 2
- Amount of Fun: TONS!
Special notes about the Spray Park:
- There is no lifeguard on duty. Close parental supervision highly recommended.
- No pets inside fenced area.
- No skateboards, bikes, scooters or inline skates.
- No food or gum inside the fenced area.
- No glass containers are allowed in any City Park facility.
- No running.
- Summer Hours are 9:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.